Quartz Nails - The New Nail Art Trend
Fashion trends change from time to time and so do nail art trends!
The most fascinating nail art design that is currently in-vogue around the globe is quartz nails. And you guessed it right, it is inspired by the mesmerizing quartz crystals.
This nail art design has been doing rounds of Instagram and other such social media platforms since mid 2017. Even though 2018 has arrived with a lot of other new nail art trends, we are pretty sure that the quartz nail art trend is not going anywhere anytime soon!
With this post, you will get to know all about this trend which is hot off the nail art world!
What Is Quartz Nail Art?
The quartz nail art design looks very similar to the marble nail art design which too was all the rage just a while back. This design mimics the spellbinding lines and curves of quartz crystals (and a lot of other such crystals like amethyst, lapis lazuli, fluorite, etc,.) that they naturally have.
Here is a little about the quartz crystals and their significance..
Quartz crystals are made up of silicone and oxygen. They can change colours when other metals or minerals are added to them. Clear quartz crystals are more famous and they look more ethereal as compared to the coloured ones.
Throughout the years, these crystals have been used for various purposes, but they are mainly known for their use as healing stones. They are widely referred as "master of healing crystals".
By taking one look at them, you can tell that these dreamy crystals actually possess some kind of positive energy!
You may be wondering if the quartz nail art design can look as celestial as the real crystals. Well, see the design by yourself below and learn how to do quartz nails at home in easy steps!
Quartz Nail Art At Home
You can do quartz nails at home in two different ways.
For the first method, you will require these three products :-
- 1 Nail lacquer, preferably of light pink shade like DeBelle Gel Nail Lacquer Miss Bliss.
- White arcylic paint.
- A nail art brush or a small paint brush.
- Start by applying a very thin coat of base nail lacquer and wait for it to dry.
- Take a tiny amount of white acrylic paint on a plate and mix it with water to dilute it. The consistency of the paint should be like that of milk, not too thick not too watery.
- Dip the nail art brush in the diluted acrylic paint and apply it diagonally on the nails. Don't worry, you don't have to be precise with this step because quartz crystals have "feathery" lines inside them that make them look ethereal. You have to mimic the same kind of imperfect lines on your nails.
- Once the acrylic paint has dried, apply thin coat of the base colour again.
- Lastly, give a finishing touch to your nail art design with some more squiggly lines over the 2nd coat, wait for it to dry, and apply another thin coat of the lacquer.
The second method to do quartz nails at home is much easier than the first one.
You will need :-
- 1 Nail lacquer of light pink shade like Miss Bliss.
- 1 Nail lacquer of nu*de shade like Natural Blush.
- 100% Acetone.
- A very fine nail art brush / detailing brush.
- Apply a thin coat of Miss Bliss on your nails and wait for it to dry.
- Pick Natural Blush shade on a fine brush and draw thin, imperfect lines on the nails.
- Before the lines have dried out, pick acetone on the same brush and pat it on and around the lines to give them a blurry effect. Be careful with this step because acetone can ruin the base colour.
- Apply one more thin coat of Miss Bliss, repeat step 2 and 3.
Also Read: 10 Nail Art Tips And Tricks For Beginners
That is all you need to do to achieve perfect and elegant looking quartz nail art design at home in simple steps! The design may look very complicated to do in pictures, but in reality, it is far more easier than you would have imagined. So do try it and share your pictures with us on Instagram by using the hashtag #DebelleNails
If you are still confused about how to do this nail art at home, then watch this thorough tutorial by CutePolish on YouTube
Follow our blog for more Nails and Beauty tips!