5 Nail Art Designs For Beginners
Doing nail art at home is like a piece of cake! It just requires a little bit of patience, practice and a creative mind. With even the simplest of nail art designs, you can totally transform your plain manicure.
Jazz up your nails with trendy nail art designs that are beginner friendly and don't require any fancy nail art tools! We are presenting you the 5 nail art designs for beginners that you would definitely fall in love with! Check them out below!
5 Nail Art Designs For Beginners
1. Heart Nail Art Design
Image Source: StylishBoard
Love is in the air!
With the Valentine's day approaching soon, there cannot be a better nail art design to flaunt than this one with cute little hearts!
Relax, it does look complicated and you might be thinking that it can only be done with a nails stamper or water decals. But in reality, the only tool that you require to do this nail art design is a toothpick!
This is how you can do the heart nail art design with a toothpick :-
- Paint your nails with a base colour.
- Take a red nail lacquer like French Affair and pour a little amount of it on a foil / plastic.
- Pick the nail lacquer with the tip of a toothpick (the pointy side!) and create three dots on your nails as close as possible, their placement should mimic the shape of a heart. Repeat this step to make as many hearts as you want!
Do try out this nail art for your upcoming date on the Valentine's day and let us know how it turns out by sharing your picture on Instagram with the hashtag #DeBelleNails.
We have shared a few more exciting Valentines day inspired nail art designs which we bet, you are going to fall in love with! Check out 8 Cute & Easy Valentine's Day Nail Art Designs Ideas
2. Half Moon Nail Art Design
Image Source: AmazingNailArt.Org
Half moon nail art design is one of the classiest and famous nail art designs that a lot of Hollywood celebrities are seen sporting from time to time! It features just two nail lacquers, preferably of contrasting colours. You can do this design in endless colour combinations, that is the beauty of this nail art!
The steps to do half moon nail art design are very easy :-
- Paint all of your nails with a shade that you want on the lower part of your half moon nail art design.
- Put paper reinforcements or bindis (that are almost the same size as the paper reinforcements) and place them on the lower part of your nails in such a way that they create a half moon shape.
- Now paint the upper section of your nails with the second shade.
- Carefully remove the paper reinforcements / bindis, you don't have to wait for the second shade to dry before removing them!
Want to make this design look more stylish? Simply add some studs or dots on either of the sides and your nail art design would look even better!
3. Quilted Nail Art Design
Making quilted blankets is not an easy job, but doing quilted nail art design surely is! This textured 3D nail art design can be done in two ways, either by using a dental flosser or a nail art striping tape!
Here is how to do it with a dental flosser :-
- Apply two to three, very thick coats of a base nail colour.
- When the nail lacquer is semi dry, carefully use the flosser to make 3 indents on the nails diagonally through both sides. Don't apply too much pressure!
- Make sure that the design looks uniform, just like a quilted blanket.
The quilted nail art will look absolutely adorable when done as an accent nail art. You may use silver or golden nail art beads on the connecting points of the indented lines for more of that 3D sort of effect!
4. Newspaper Nail Art Design
Image Source: DesignTrends
This unique and beginner friendly nail art design requires only three things, a nail lacquer, a newspaper and some liquid mouth wash.
Yeah, we will be using a liquid mouth wash to create a nail art design.. It does sound a little weird, but it works!
Here is a quick step by step tutorial on how to do newspaper nail art design :-
- First, Apply two coats of a light nail lacquer colour as base, something like Natural Blush from our collection would do.
- Wait for it to dry completely.
- While your base is drying, cut off a few small pieces of newspaper with some text on it. Make sure that the pieces are a little bigger than the size of your nails.
- Once the base has dried properly, pour some liquid mouth wash in a container and dip your finger in it for about 30-40 seconds. Do one nail at a time!
- Take out your finger and gently press a piece of newspaper on your nail.
- Keep pressing it for a few seconds until the text from the newspaper has transferred to your nail and then pull it off.
- Use a Q-Tip dipped in water to clean off the excess newspaper pieces that might be stuck on your nail.
And that is it! Your unique nail art design is ready. So effortless yet fun, isn't it? This design would definitely amaze your friends!
Also Read: How To Paint Your Nails Perfectly | Step By Step Guide To A Salon-Like Manicure At Home
5. Glitter Tips Nail Art Design
When all else fails, sprinkle glitter on it!
Nail art designs that involve glitter are evergreen. They go with all kinds of outfits and they make your nails stand out from the crowd.
You can apply a glitter nail lacquer normally on your nails and it would still look no less beautiful. However, to up your manicure game, you can do this easy glitter tips nail art design with a base colour and the glitter nail lacquer!
Here are the steps to do glitter tips nail art design at home :-
- Apply two coats of a base colour of your choice. In the picture above, tj.nailedit from instagram has used our gel nail lacquer in shade "Peachy Passion".
- Take a sponge and apply the glitter nail lacquer on it. (Make sure that you are applying the lacquer on the sponge like you would do on your nails and not just pouring it!)
- Gently dab the sponge on the tip of your nails to add a gradient effect.
- Repeat the same thing a couple of times to increase the gradient effect.
If you want a more intense glitter tips nail art design, you can use nail art glitters that can easily be purchased from the market.
Which of these nail art designs do you think is the easiest one to do? Let us know and do share this post with your friends who are into nail arts!